Zucchini noodles with bolognese sauce
- 6 medium zucchini
- 1–2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
For the Bolognese sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 500 g ground beef
- 800 g crushed tomatoes
- 160 g tomato paste
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 c. dried oregano
- 1 c. dried basil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ c. black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Fresh basil, chopped as garnish
- Using a julienne or mandolin, create noodles with your zucchini and set aside on paper towels so that any excess water is absorbed. Feel free to sprinkle with a little salt to help with this.
- Drizzle olive oil into a large saucepan over medium-high heat and sauté the onion, celery and garlic until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add beef and cook until crumbled and browned, draining excess liquid as needed.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes.
- For the noodles, drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté garlic until fragrant. Add zucchini noodles and cook for about 1-2 minutes until tender.
- If you didn’t already add salt while the water was soaking, feel free to sprinkle some on now for flavor.
- Top the zucchini noodles with the Bolognese sauce, serve and enjoy!